Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Review of "Wordsworthians"

I recently had the opportunity to go on over to a classmates blog and check it out. My friends Sam, Schaffer, and Alex decided to create and maintain a blog called Wordsworthians. As the title suggests, their blog is all about William Wordsworth, the romantic poet.

I really liked their page set up! I think that the background image and the see through navigation bars really looks cool and professional. I also really liked how they added a picture of Wordsworth onto the home page. After looking over the blog, i found that they really did their job. I didn't know much about Wordsworth, but after reading their blog, I was much more educated. They have many different kinds of posts such as videos, poem reviews, biographies and many more, which I think is a good thing. By having such a wide range of topics, their page may help more than just one person. People might come upon their page just wanting to know a little more about the life of Wordsworth and some of his writing, and with their page, they would find it!

 One of the posts that interested me the most was Alex's prose poem. i really related to it because it has a topic that I enjoy and i too was dreaming about: winter break. He did a great job of using the senses and making it as if I was in the same spot he as and that i could smell exactly what he was describing. Also, when he describes the cookie going into his mouth and the taste of them, i almost felt like they were going into my mouth! When he talked about school and it getting over but then starting up again, I thought he presented it very well. Once he described that school was over for break, I got lost in the smells, sounds, images, and tastes of break, and then at the end, when he described going back to school, it was like I had completely forgot about school.

Overall their blog is really great. They have great information on their site and everything they say is clear and to the point. The design works perfect for what they are trying to accomplish and i hope people can take advantage of their great blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment