Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Neighbor's Blog


For the community assignment, I read and reviewed the blog,  A Teenagers view on the Works of William Blake, from period 4 class. Their Focus is on William Blake’s life and work; this blog is useful, they have information on Blake and his work throughout his life.

Here is the link to their blog: http://ourblogp4.blogspot.com/

When I first came to this blog there were three posts to look through.  One on Blake’s poem “The Lamb”, another on a poem “Songs of innocence” and the last one is on the work that William Blake had accomplished.  I chose to review on the post about William Blake and his work by Jared Thompson because my personal blog is on William Blake.  I thought his post could allow me another useful tool to use and grasp Blake’s underlining thoughts and personal values.  It is also nice to learn new facts from someone my own age and not an adult.  Reading the post was easy.  The author wrote to the point and it was not hard to understand what he was trying to convey.  It was interesting to learn that some of Blake’s work is banned from being read in a few establishments because they are so controversial and influential.  It was also cool to read that Jared likes reading the banned poems and writings of William Blake because it makes them that much more “fun” to read.  After I read the post about William Blake and his work I then went and read over the other two posts.  These posts analyzed two different poems by William Blake, “Songs of innocence” and “The Lamb”.  Jared Thompson also wrote these and went deep into the words of Blake.  I can tell that he really put time and effort into these posts.  The colors used in the blog were a good idea because it really got my attention.  I have looked at some of the other blogs and the colors chosen would make it hard for me to be able to read what the authors were writing.  I wish there were more pictures to add  detail instantly.  The overall appearance of this blog is appealing.  If I were someone who knew nothing about Romanticism, this blog would be great one to start off reading.  Josh starts off telling who the blog is about and then into detail about Romanticism and creating a viable resource for understanding William Blake.   

No comments:

Post a Comment