Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nature and a Soul

“What’s your favorite part about life?” a teammate once asked me at cross country practice. I looked up at the clouds for an answer. It wasn’t what most people call a nice day. Gray overcast with light rain, not too bright and not too dark. This is the kind of weather I love running in. The first thing I thought was honestly, I don’t know. “Really?” he responded. Yeah, I didn’t know my favorite part about of life. The next couple of long busy days passed and every day at practice, while I was running, I would think; what is my favorite part about life? Looking up to the cloudy overcast sky as if to, yet again, get an answer I saw tress. Oh yes, I had forgotten I was in the forest at that moment. I wasn’t running alone but I wasn’t close to anyone. I heard the birds singing from above me. The wind blew through the tress and underbrush around me. My foot step pushed against the ground and gravity pushed back upon my foot simultaneously. I felt the Earths broken fragments from the forest crunch and crackle from under me.
Nature always seem so peaceful, it’s away from the world of advanced technology and so many evil people in the city. I’ve always enjoyed nature. Looks simple and dull but at the same time complex with colors and textures. Nature is like a persons soul. How they can be so perfect with their own imperfections. Quiet but yet loud with life and curiosity. They can be the most beautiful thing anyone has ever witnessed in life. If they are taken for granted or not taken care of, they could end up a disaster. With recovery and time a damaged soul and nature has hope to be like it once was before the destruction was done. Like Humpty Dumpy they can never be completely back together. At that moment I knew my answer to the question. Nature was my favorite part of life. It’s diapering faster then it should be because people are becoming more damaged. Their souls are overcome with evil. They don’t think what is best for the world and the future, but only themselves. Some souls do care and they make a good impact or difference. Nature is apart of my life and every ones on earth. I would never want to lose it. Sadly I slowly am. So I will run through nature and enjoy its simple complexity while I can. For my soul or this nature could be gone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment